Halstead combi, spark but going to lock out | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Halstead combi, spark but going to lock out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon F

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
halstead combi finest gold 47-333-07

getting a spark but failing to fire up, going to lock out after 3 attempts.

faulty gas valve??
no gas pressure at burner whilst sparking

possible fault with diverter valve,
water has been temperamental but is improved by firing heating up.
( before stopping altogether)

Reverse polarity can cause this,any electrical work been done at property lately?

aps or venturi...whats a call? sheesh

pull front cover off and try that.
work way down to gas valve then board

Last edited by a moderator:
if he is getting a spark I can't see it being the aps, more likely to be gas valve issue, but having said that Halsteads to have a tendency to get blocked venturis

if he is getting a spark I can't see it being the aps, more likely to be gas valve issue, but having said that Halsteads to have a tendency to get blocked venturis

some boilers do, like the 105e then lock out after 3 attempts or 15 secs. so easy to eliminate this.
gas valve works or it dont, not every now and then unless its sticking or the solonoid gone!
also check fan runs up properly, think there 2 speed?
fan-aps-vent-leads-pcb-gv

check there is 180v on all connections on fan and aps with no demand.

i will send you a pm with the sequence checks

Last edited by a moderator:
These wont spark unless APS has proven first.
My moneys on gas valve!

If sparking APS is proven and looks like gas valve should have 230vdc on two violet wires to gas valve. If so and no gas then gas valve gubbed. If no 230vdc then looking at PCB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Closed time to get a gas safe engineer out
Replies
Views
Coil.......................................plus...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Yes, that about the size of it, my 17 year old...
Replies
Views
S
OK then, good luck with it 👍👍
Replies
Views
Back