Halstead Iheat 24c Boiler not working | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Halstead Iheat 24c Boiler not working in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SupaScoop

Hi All

Desperation and the bitter cold weather has brought me to this forum with the hope that somebody can assist

I have a Halstead iheat 24c Combi boiler which has decided to stop working. I switched it on Boxing day and it fired up as usual, but then I noticed it started to get cold in the house and noticed the boiler wasn't making any noise at all. I switched from Standby back to CH... but nothing.

I switched it off in order to reset it and the light above flashed red & orange for a bit, then went back to green blinking (which is waht it's always done). Tried HW and CH again but nothing...

At one point when I switched it on from the mains it flashed green and then went to a solid red light.

I can't hear the fan kick in at all when I try to switch it on, and the green light would suggest everything is hunky dory.... :\

After browsing the internet for a bit, I seem to come across the fact that Halstead don't seem to be the best, which also doesn't bode well.

I had a technician come round today (friend of the landlord who I rent off), and he seems to think it's the board... although couldn't guarantee that as he didn't have a clue about Halstead boilers. The earliest he said he could fix it would be on Friday (NYE)... which is a bit unacceptable seeing as I have a 4 year old and we've now been ousted from the house and living with a family member due to the cold.

The Technician said he may have a better idea if he had the manual, but I can't find that online for love nor money... so this has led me to this forum... help please!

Thanks

Dai

is this a he boiler ?if so check your condensate pipe has not frozen

Hi Gas Man

Apologies, not 100% sure what a HE boiler is. If it helps the technician that came around said he would check outside to see if a pipe had frozen, but there was nothing out there and located a pipe inside the house instead.

Thanks

[DLMURL="http://www.themanualslibrary.co.uk/result.php?search=frommanufacturer&display=tab1&entry=28"]Search Results | The Manuals Library[/DLMURL]
try here for a installation/servicing instructions

Last edited by a moderator:
No problems mate

Do you think it could be the board? When I click it onto Ch or turn the tap on it doesn't do anything... no fan noise or fire up noise. It does make an internal 'click' though.

To be fair the house is freezing and we were away Xmas day before I tried this on boxing day. Has anyone known pipes to freeze inside the house? But then again, would it work for an hour or so then die if the pipes were frozen... i've no idea??

trouble is from my point of view without having the oppituinity to test it i cant say as you no doubt appreciate,i assume the guy has checked basics,blown fast fuses,low water pressure switches etc would prove all these are ok before checking pcb

Last edited by a moderator:
As an ex employee of Halstead i can advise you that the I Heat 24C is in fact a badged up Vokera Compact boiler i would suggest you visit the Vokera website(google it) where you can download the manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Have you turned the thermostat up, or checked...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Sounds like you have found a blockage, if so...
Replies
Views
RobinA
R
Back