hand wash on toilet?????? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss hand wash on toilet?????? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

he peeps,
saw on a web site some time ago a toilet cistern lid that was a wash basin.
it acted like a fountain when you flush the loo, the filler extended out of the cistern lid so you can wash your hands under it as it flowed back into the cistern filling it up with water(& soap) for the next flush.
anybody know where i can get one as it is a good solution for a customer of mine.
thanks.

have you asked your local merchants? i have seen these on the net before but have never ever seen one in the flesh,,, err well in the ceramics. lol.

this is what you want.

profile-toilet-large.jpg

er yes n no, its better than the one i saw,
thanks son', any ideas who makes and where get plz.
thnx - wot they actuall called?.

I'd be surprised if that meets the regs. Looks more suitable for a type of installation where the client's religous practices dictate certain provisions. Sensitive subject, but it's something I've come across a couple of times.

Maybe it has provision to run a hot supply to the mixer, which would be interesting.

[DLMURL="http://www.royalflush.net.au/instructions.php"]Royal Flush - Instructions[/DLMURL]

The above link leads to another one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the company that do this. Its an Australian import and I met their UK agent at a London meeting.

I have her details somewhere and will try and dig through my piles of brochures to locate her.

you can take/discard the cistern lid of and replace with a universal one cold fed only.
water out of spout is split from filling cistern to pouring out into bowl then draining 'grey' water back into cistern for next flush.
anyone know where in uk they supply them or shall i import a couple of hundred and see how they go on ebay etc?.
who else would use them, caravans etc??/?

I wish I had seen his a month ago. I turned up at job to fit out a cloakroom and told the customer they would have to move the door way so we could get a basin in, this would have been prefect and saved the customer money
Regards
Mike

exactly unguided,
thats the solution to easy piping install for extra loo with no space.
in my situation the customer wants the loo upstairs new sub pipe work etc and i cant really be bothered to do that- solid concrete walls concrete driveon slope etc. just to wrinse his bloody hands.

Mind you, you have to be very carefull what you say to customers, especially in jest I was working in oxford about 10 years ago for a builder who was turning houses into bedsits for student accomodation, and I jokingly said "instead of fitting a shower, basin and toilet into the tiny shower room we could just fit one of those european toilets, you know, the ones with the 2 foot pads and the 4" hole, it could be used a toilet and a shower combined" a couple of hours later he comes back and says he cant find them any where, he just didnt realise I was joking. it felt a bit like sending a new love slave to the merchants to get some glass nails, sky hooks, or duch caps.
regards
Mike

As per different thread, You can Google "WiCi Concept Toilet with Basin" whom I am helping coming in the UK. I have a price list in Sterling and a brochure in English (pdf doc) available upon request, while the full English site is being developed (should be live by December). Any question, please contact me.

If you are in/near London, I can show you the products in full.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done for that. Always looked like an interesting product. (I spent time at a trade show 2 years ago with the inventors) I am certain there is a market for it but just like any and all products its a hard slog.

It looks like those Japanese jobbies with the toilet seat functions for hot spray and fan for washing. I presumed that the 'fountain' was an airbreak to comply backflow prevention. This one looks like they've taken it a step further. I reckon it'll need a lot of maintenance with all that soap gunking up the working parts.

Where this product might score highly is in Public Toilets and in Office Toilet blocks where space is limited. I don't see it really catching on in domestic use unless it's bought for it's gimmick quality.

In the right place, it could be a good idea, but I'm concerned about the hygiene aspects of it. Nasty bugs live on loos and they can live on a basin too with this set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello! I was checking something in the toilet...
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, It may be coincidence but not long after...
Replies
Views
SaintSinner
S
Thanks very much! Gets me off the hook! Let...
Replies
Views
Where all of those could be used at the same...
Replies
Views
Back