Hanging Pipework | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hanging Pipework in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

V

Veggie Dave

Hi everyone,

On Monday I need to install approx. 2m of pipework above a false ceiling. The false ceiling is hung so offers no support. I want to also hang the pipework over this distance but I'm not sure the best way to do this. Either end of this pipe run can be secured properly so excessive movement shouldn't be a problem.

Any help appreciated as always. :)

Ah, that's rather important information, isn't it? ;)

I really want to use 15mm copper but I may have to relent and use Speedfit plastic instead due to space limitations. The pipe is carrying hot water to a basin and shower.

Maybe worth having support along the entire length due to the nature of speedfit sagging over time. Something like a cable tray system would be best.

Plastic will need continuous support and if you can't get 2m of copper in you won't get trays hangers or anything else in.
I'd stick to copper and a couple of unions.

M10 backplate or m10 drop in anchor with threaded bar down to a ring

mibp.jpg
68019.jpg

If it's a suspended celling just lay lagged pipe on it, I'm sure it's a mess of wires anyway! You can get wire suspension systems for trays and cassettes, hammer in clips for either beam or wrinkly tin? Studs & eyelets for solid concrete.

U not tried the telescopic 15mm Yorkshire stuff yet? It's amazing. U start with a 6m length if tube cut it up tie it together then re assemble in the void with couplings.

Similar plumbing topics

Here's a couple of pictures
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
Just going to say the same...conduit seems...
Replies
Views
I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
P
Mr Speaker: I'm tempted to draught a sarcastic...
Replies
Views
Back