Hansgrohe showerselect curious flow issue | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hansgrohe showerselect curious flow issue in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hansgrohe showerselect shower (push button on/off + temperature) fed from mains/combi. Flow rate dropped. Removed shower head which is fine (tested on another shower). Good pressure and flow rate from hose without shower head. Restricted flow through hose by placing thumb over end - flow dramatically reduced and stays that way even after thumb removed again. Switch off and on again and back to full flow. So seems to be a sticking valve somewhere - the difference in flow rate is too great for it to be a filter. I'm assuming it's either in the thermostatic cartridge, shut-off cartridge or possibly a non-return valve, but is it possible to figure out which without replacing all? TIA

Would say non return valve I don’t know if there replacements available on that unit

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Sounds to me that the 15mm pipe that you are...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
  • Question
No, not as far as I'm aware.
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
Hi, did you ever solve this problem? You...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Many thanks, Ben-gee - that's very useful...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
  • Question
What is your source of hot water? What bar...
Replies
Views
Back