Has anyone ever used leak sealer in a boiler? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Has anyone ever used leak sealer in a boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Jock Spanners

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Evening All,
I have a customer with a 13 year old Potterton 25 combi. It's weeping from the hydraulic assembly. I suspect a hairline crack in the plastic block. I've costed a replacement and it's about £400 which she can't afford at the moment. It's losing about half a cup a day. I'm wondering if anyone has ever used leak sealer to make a temporary fix for such a problem and if so how?
Thanks,
Jock

Ct1 has a good leak seal

It's not losing pressure on the heating side. I've checked the seals on the phex so it's somewhere on the hot water side. I just can't work out how to seal it. It must be possible?

Nope either fixed price repair or new part

Not a fix but if she has a really low budget you could put a lever valve onto the cold going into the boiler. She would have to open the valve to get hot water then close once finished.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Thanks for the reply, I'll have a look at Baxi...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
S
The fusible wheel head valves are notorious...
Replies
Views
Should have it done in a day. If you’re a bit...
Replies
Views
There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
Back