Have no soil/stack pipe... | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Have no soil/stack pipe... in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our ensuite stinks. Hasnt for ten years but now does. I *think* that when the toilet is flushed it drags all water out of the trap under the bath with it. Thus smell can now escape back up into the room. I can just about access the soil pipe bend so could I add a boss and attach a two inch pipe into the soil pipe, which would be a few inches above the bath trap. Then put a carbon filter thing on top of that pipe? No access through the ceiling/roof?
I thought I saw a little Cistermiser unit sat on a pipe in a pub toilet recently and wondered if that was what it was doing.

Something must have changed to make it start happening.
The most likely is a partial blockage somewhere.

For the time being either keep the bath plug in or every time you flush run some water in the bath.
That'll prove if it's the bath trap causing it.

Something must have changed to make it start happening.
The most likely is a partial blockage somewhere.

For the time being either keep the bath plug in or every time you flush run some water in the bath.
That'll prove if it's the bath trap causing it.

Possibly the septic tank needs emptying more frequently.
Yes I have been doing that, short term, by always turning the bath tap on for a moment to refill the trap. And pretty sure the smell emanates from the plug hole. And anyway even with plug in it comes out of the overflow hole.

But long term...?

Anti vac trap or hep20 trap if you can't find out why there emptying

Make sure your septic tank is properly ventilated, either at tank or manhole between house and tank. An unvented septic tank will defeat a normal trap. Conversely a well functioning septic tank will cause minimal problems. Do not overwhelm digestive process with too much
bleach.

Make sure your septic tank is properly ventilated, either at tank or manhole between house and tank. An unvented septic tank will defeat a normal trap. Conversely a well functioning septic tank will cause minimal problems. Do not overwhelm digestive process with too much
bleach.
Its a victorian one and the lid is always propped up a few inches on a piece of wood. I always wondered why the smell didnt disappear from there rather than run all the way up to the house and up the pipe.
Ill go to plumb centre and ask if there is an anti vac or hep20 that will fit on a two inch pipe.
thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks Shaun and Last Plumber. I checked the...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
B
I wouldn't bother even trying. Water jetters...
Replies
Views
Thanks yes I've seen that but it doesn't give...
Replies
Views
Ah, yes, that makes sense. Thank you KOP...
Replies
Views
Back