Head scratcher of an issue with CH | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Head scratcher of an issue with CH in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi there,

I recently replaced a dead central heating pump in my home, so drained down the system completely, fitted new pump and filled up. What I'm experiencing now is a periodic bubbling noise, it starts in the hot water cylinder and makes its way to the boiler which in turn starts making gulping noises and then onto the pump which makes a high pitched noise.

So it sounds like air in the system but I would have expected this air to make it's way from the pump through the radiators and I'd be able to bleed from there? All the radiators have no air in them.

So then I decided to turn off the flow valve to the HWC coil and what do you know the bubbling noise completely disappears.

My system is an open system from what I can determine, I have two tanks in the attic, a small one for the CH and the larger cold water tank. Neither tank has a return pipe but the CH tank has a T-Junction, one side feeds the system and the other side leads to an expansion vessel which I thought was used in closed systems.

Also to add I believe this issue was possibly occurring before I replaced the pump and may have been the cause of the original pump dying.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You misunderstand, if you have an actual...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Stnd wrong pump for a high pressure shower...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for your advice I will get up into...
Replies
Views
  • Question
To add a bit more information After a while...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ya, they said the fact the anti-vibration...
Replies
Views
Back