Heat loss calcs app?? Boiler sizing? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Heat loss calcs app?? Boiler sizing? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys.

Do many of you use a program to size boilers/rads or do you even bother with heat loss calculations?
It’s a bit of a long winded process doing it long hand especially when a customer wants a quick quote.
I’m not a fan of just replacing like for like if I’m honest.

I do but on changes I size the boiler to the rads unless my hamster starts running away then I do a full Heatloss

I use the mr combi one for most things on-site but high spec things I use heat engineer like the fancy spec sheets good to give the customer after they’ve paid a deposit

I do have the mr combi
I do but on changes I size the boiler to the rads unless my hamster starts running away then I do a full Heatloss

I use the mr combi one for most things on-site but high spec things I use heat engineer like the fancy spec sheets good to give the customer after they’ve paid a deposit
app but it’s a ball ache doing each room individually but I suppose it’s a case of having to. I’m not sure on the other one, I don’t think I’ve seen it before.

Similar plumbing topics

Ive got a new replacement boiler to install...
Replies
Views
A
I looked up the faults out of curiosity as I...
Replies
Views
I don't actually know but I'd have thought you...
Replies
Views
Any gas boiler's HEX can stand a static head...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back