Heat on but off on boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Heat on but off on boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
So I came home the other day to find my rads were hot. Room stat was off. Vaillant ecotec pro combi set to 'on' for heating.

This morning I turned the heating off at the boiler and again, I came home to hot rads.

Dodgy pcb on the boiler?

That crossed my mind but didn't know if it had one :/

If external controls have been ruled out, then I'd go for a sticking diverter valve with appliance set for pre heat/comfort

If external controls have been ruled out, then I'd go for a sticking diverter valve with appliance set for pre heat/comfort
Wouldn't that cause me not to have any hot water though?

Should it be the second generation ecotec then the in built frost would only take the appliance to 35*c

You'd have hot water of sorts, which Eco tech do you have original or second generation
Not sure I'd have to have a look tomorrow. Even if the diverter valve was stuck, wouldn't there have to be a demand for heat from the external controls? As the room stat was off, as was the heating setting knob on the boiler. Or does the fact the the valve in that position send a signal to the pcb and call for heat?

Pre heat/warm start dosn't require a demand of sorts, it's looking more to maintain a temperature....... And don't get me wrong you may have a faulty pcb, but in all the years of messing around with vaillant's ive never changed a board for that reason........ But there's always a first time and as my old college tutor said,every days a school day And besides access to the status codes can tell you a multitude of of information

Last edited:
Pre heat/warm start dosn't require a demand of sorts, it's looking more to maintain a temperature....... And don't get me wrong you may have a faulty pcb, but in all the years of messing around with vaillant's ive never changed a board for that reason........ But there's always a first time and as my old college tutor said,every days a school day And besides access to the status codes can tell you a multitude of of information
There wasn't a status code on there, just the temperature :/ I'm going to leave it on again when I go out tonight, it's bloody freezing so maybe it'll happen again and I can get some more info ... Cheers for all the help rabbitman ;) and everyday is definitely a school day for me!!!

Has that boiler have a pre heat function ( with sticky diverter ) , or faulty clock or frost stat kicking in as bloody balltic ,

Some drayton room stats have a minimum temp setting built in , couldve dropped below said temp,

Think I'll read the manual for boiler and room stat and see what they say ;)

Rabbit. That advice means the bloke needs to remove combustion door. Not good idea to let DIYers lose !

Oh dear that was never my intention, considered myself slapped, although information provided is clearly marked in the MI instructions

It's pretty basic stuff. You've obviously got call when there shouldn't be. It's very likely to be your timer is borked and continually calling.

Hope you get it sorted jaydebruyne , I'm going back to skulking in the background until i get the hang of the forum rules lol

Rabbit. That advice means the bloke needs to remove combustion door. Not good idea to let DIYers lose !
DIYer... That's a punch in the guts. I might be learning the trade but I think I deserve more than a DIY status haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
well, I really cannot see what extra features...
Replies
Views
Correct adivse re gas leak phone gas...
Replies
Views
I don't believe moving the manual lever over...
Replies
Views
Back