heat only boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss heat only boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fixter1

hi what are pepole fitting i would go with a baxi solo but ppl say they are not to good,,
what are pepole installing as a mid to high range heat only thanks

veissman with a 5 year guarentee as standard, although the open vents only go up to 26kw but the system boilers go up to 105kw.

Do quite a few Solos , dont have any major issues . Prefer The system boilers , megaflow with ss heat exchanger

definatly avoid the solo its a shed,ok in system form but a disaster in heat only

What problems you guys having with the Solo ?

just fitted one 4 months ago,fan replaced,heat exchanger replaced,wiring loom replaced ,flow switch replaced then the new fan burnt out taking the loom with it again baxi wont admit to the last fault but i know from the customers description of melted parts i have fitted 249 performas/105hes/duotecs baxi out twice to all those,this solo? 7 times

Gas man got the Monday morning boiler (or Friday afternoon) . I had a 133 like that. Touch wood im ok on the Solos.
Combustion door seals , well yea but they are cheap enough just to change during service.

Gas man got the Monday morning boiler (or Friday afternoon) . I had a 133 like that. Touch wood im ok on the Solos.
Combustion door seals , well yea but they are cheap enough just to change during service.

glad your finding them ok toddy,i am very baxi/potterton committed but wont fit another solo on the plus side if your finding them ok theres hope for this one now its re built,the only other massive factor is the burner failing in its steel cradle which writes them off melting the main heat exchanger do a search on here worrying stuff baxi should have dropped this boiler after the 133/barcelona heaps which it basically is

Baxi have apparently sorted the burner problem , I always remove the burner when servicing and tip it upside down and give the waffle a little tug (this just in case after reading about all the problems) The thing I dont like about them is alloy HEX. Currently cascading 2 megaflows for that reason alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yes spot on eg the hottest pipe out the top of...
Replies
Views
Any gas boiler's HEX can stand a static head...
Replies
Views
No problem. Nice to be thanked and appreciated...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I am only telling you what I have seen. I...
Replies
Views
Back