heat only boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss heat only boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm after a heat only boiler to retro fit a glow worm fuel saver f ,flow and return on the left ideal, but not essential.any preferences

Remeha avant by preferance, though every on has there own opinions.

Cant really go wrong with Ideal, Worcester (ish), Vailant, Intergas, ATAG

Whereabouts is pump?

Have you scope to get a new feed to the pump?

If getting a feed to the pump from boiler is a pain, then either solo/gold or viessmann.
If no problem then gw flexicom/ultracom or Atag

Whereabouts is pump?

Have you scope to get a new feed to the pump?

If getting a feed to the pump from boiler is a pain, then either solo/gold or viessmann.
If no problem then gw flexicom/ultracom or Atag
pump next to cylinder,too much hassle for new feed,like the look of the viessmann and flexicom ,why the issue with feed to pump.?

Pump needs to be wired direct to boiler, except in the case of solo etc

I'd go for the Baxi Solo meself. Although the Remeha avant is very good too.

Ideal Logic Plus is a good shout. Was in merchants yesterday and Ideal salesman was pushing new Logic Plus coming with 7 year warranty.

I've got a heat only to change soon with no easy route back to pump for over run. Is a baxi solo still best way to go or is there a better option now. Not familar with the solo, is hex different some how to handle latent heat? Cheers

I've got a heat only to change soon with no easy route back to pump for over run. Is a baxi solo still best way to go or is there a better option now. Not familar with the solo, is hex different some how to handle latent heat? Cheers
fit baxis new one,really light,better than a solo and no pump over run needed EcoBlue Heat

If you've got a live and switch live at the boiler look at Intergas.

That baxi Eco blue weighs less than 20 kg. that sure is handy to lift and install

i'm after a heat only boiler to retro fit a glow worm fuel saver f ,flow and return on the left ideal, but not essential.any preferences

Viessmann with out a doubt! Best heat exchanger on the Market!!!easy to service built great and good warranty! The only thing I would say is not sure on price but it be a fit and forget product.Ali heatexchanger don't like soften water and certin cheap chemicals,oh and no pump over run required just earth live neutral and switch live easy fit

Thanks for recomendations. Theres no permanent live but ill have another look and see if possible to get one in, as ive been keen to give intergas a try. The eco blue looks best option at moment, my tool box weighs heavier than 20kg!

Ideal Logic Plus is a good shout. Was in merchants yesterday and Ideal salesman was pushing new Logic Plus coming with 7 year warranty.

Needs pump over run or wave good bye to warranty. I would say logic or CDI regular . Solo is utter poop.

But u must have pump over run. Easiest way if controls are near boiler move them to a/c and use existing cores. Boosh !

Thanks for recomendations. Theres no permanent live but ill have another look and see if possible to get one in, as ive been keen to give intergas a try. The eco blue looks best option at moment, my tool box weighs heavier than 20kg!

The Eco blue is a heap of turds.

Are there any others that don't require P Live for pump over run ?

I am sure I heard of one which run on the fan to dissipate the heat instead of running the pump on but then it would still need a live to do that ?

U familiar with morse code? User interface awful. Servicing looks horrid and the build quality is just lower than biasi even the case is poo. Take it off and on more than 3 times and the plastic case fatigues and the Conny trap - defo worcester copyright issues there

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I’ve heard the gloworm compact is a good one...
Replies
Views
require my ng heat only 28kw floor standing...
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
P
To flow and return valves? You need a filling...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
baxi 600 or 800 heat or viessmann 100 would be...
Replies
Views
Back