Heat pump unvented install balanced cold | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Heat pump unvented install balanced cold in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
If changing a combi boiler system to a heat pump. What do they usually do with the balanced cold connection on the hot water cylinder? Cap it. And put a pressure reducer on the mains so they have equal hot and cold pressures? I can't see them repiping a balanced cold from the cylinder to each cold feed appliance that is of a mixer valve type. Thank you.

Or install the combo valve under the sink with the stop tap

If its a combi its likely you'll have 15mm colds and hots everywhere so I would probably be looking at re-piping to 22mm plus putting in the balanced cold to allow the outside tap and kitchen sink to remain at street pressure. If its just a single bathroom then possibly do as you've suggested, but future proofing it is a good selling point to the customer and more money in your pocket.

Normally remove the meter if no other appliances

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I find you get fewer problems if the expansion...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'd be grateful for some advice please...
Replies
Views
  • Question
are you saying they could have come off the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
They need to hold there g3 certificate eg...
Replies
Views
Back