Heat store and new boiler settings | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Heat store and new boiler settings in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SmogLee

Hi, I've got a large heat store and underfloor heating.

The boiler is controlled (switched) by a cylinder thermostat.

I've just got a new condensing boiler and I'm just trying to sort out best settings.

The cylinder recommends the cylinder stat is set between 65 and 70 degrees. Which is what I've done.. however, it does seem to over read as a setting of 60 degrees was giving return temperatures to boiler in excess of 65 degrees.

I've turned it down a little further so that return temp is 67 degrees before boiler switches off. So, that's a tank of hot water between 65 and 70 degrees by my reckoning.

Now, the boiler is a condensing type as you might imagine with modulation.

I need the boiler temp to be higher than the cylinder stat so that the cylinder control works (or the boiler would just keep clicking in trying to reach a temp it can't), but how much higher?

I've currently got the boiler set at 75 degrees, but given that the tank only needs to be say 70 max, is this too high? Can I lower it? Is it worth doing?

Thanks

Lee

i would have thought the the stat on the cylinder is set at 55 or 60 degrees would be fine , the stat will cut of when it reaches temperature on the cylinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

IMO, the boiler should be derated to ~ 20kw...
Replies
Views
You've already spent thousands on a new boiler...
Replies
Views
My water tank is new pictured in my profile ,I...
Replies
Views
Yes, one of my manifolds has flow meters but...
Replies
Views
well, I really cannot see what extra features...
Replies
Views
Back