Heat Wave boiler losing pressure... | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Heat Wave boiler losing pressure... in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

drowlins

Hi,

I am just looking for some advice.
5 years ago i was had a new kitchedn fitted. Its come to light that the fixtures and fittings were from the cheaper end of the market. Not being an expert I didnt realise this until it was too late and I have replaced all my my white goods!

Yesterday I noticed that my heat wave boiler was in the red and water was leaking from the external saftety valve. I switched the bpoler off and the pressure went well below the 1 bar (no hot water or heating)
When the timer kicked in and it came back on it went sky high again. I bled a radiator to realse some of this pressure but its still up and down..

I am thinking i should just fork out for a new one with British Gas?

Any ideas?

Dave

Never heard of Heat Wave! Are you sure they are not the installer?

Do you have the boiler manual? If so what is the GC (Gas Council) number of the boiler?

Heat Line are a pile of rubbish, imo.

Sounds like your expansion vessel need re-pressurising, potentially a cheap fix, if the vessel doesnt need changing.

But if your planning to stay at the property for any length of time, would be worth investing in a decent boiler.

thanks if i have a leak somewhere i cant see can that be a nightmare?
Its not my thing but is there a product you can out in the system that seals the leak (like radweld?)

heat line tat from b+q best bet put it in the bin and get a proper boiler but go to a independent installer bg will rip you off

im with gasman - go with an independent - thing is bg are subbying most of there work out now - so all your paying for is the advertising.

Similar problem with a Heatline C24. Going to check the expansion vessel tomorrow to check if the diaphragm has popped. Heatline don't cover the expansion vessel in their £260 service, they say its another £70 on top. It is a difficult job to remove the EV? Is that why they are charging more?

Enots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Ok great...really hoping it wasn't a leak.
Replies
Views
M
Isolate and drain boiler. Pump up expansion...
Replies
Views
the op says no water in prv balloon so not prv...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is...
Replies
Views
Back