heater for rads during boiler breakdown | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss heater for rads during boiler breakdown in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beesley121

Hi guys,

Had a chat with a customer today, apparrently, last time her boiler went down the pan, the gas fitter who came to look at it left her with 4 'machines' that apparently kept her radiators warm whilst she was waiting for the new one to be fitted.

Ive never heard of such a machine, so woundering if any of you guys could enlighten me. Im guessing they are somekind of machine, much like a powerflusher that has a heating element and a pump to circulate. Thats my guess anyway lol

any advice much appreciated

If that were the case there wouldn't have been four of them just one. Sounds like he left them four electric space heaters and the rads were not warm

I know my local plumb center keep huge numbers of electric heaters in stock for one of the big contracting firms, to leave on site whilst heating is off.

Be careful leaving electric rads. They will have implications for pat testing and insurance

The only machine I know that could keep the rad's warm is called a boiler!! Customers, love em!!

I keep a stock of warm air blowers. I don't bother with PAT testing as I'm a small outfit. I just get customer to sign a disclaimer. They plug them in and use them. In fairness, the chances of something going wrong is very slim. Unless they decide to dry their towels by draping them over them.

[DLMURL="http://www.watkinshire.co.uk/boiler-hire/portable-electric-boiler-hire/22kw-mobile-boiler.php"]22kw Mobile Electric Boiler Hire From Watkins Hire Ltd[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
22Kw, that'll need 3 phase then! maybe he plugged 4x 3kw ones in to different sockets?

Me I use my boilermate 2000 but if you let total trade services aka tempo do any work they kill them then leave you in the freezing cold (feb 2011). This year due to a major oil leak yet again put down to bad workmanship.

I had to call on my boilermate otherwise we would have had no heating and hot water over xmas (2011) and new year. TTS service did not fix it even though it was still under warranty

I had to pay out again to get it fixed. This should have been covered by Total Trade Services aka Tempo warranty and warmfront did nothing to help even though I told them we had an oil leak on the 21st Dec 2011. Mark and Andy Dodds promised (at Total Trade Services) me it would be fixed before xmas. They sent 2 lads out in a van to tighten up the oil lines I told them this was to 5[SUP]th[/SUP] time this had been done. I asked them to replace a section of pipe work but they couldn't do it because they had no replacement oil line in their van. 2 days later the oil line sprang a leak again. My old engineer found it had be over tightened so much it crushed the washer yet again this cost me even more money

Hi guys,

Had a chat with a customer today, apparrently, last time her boiler went down the pan, the gas fitter who came to look at it left her with 4 'machines' that apparently kept her radiators warm whilst she was waiting for the new one to be fitted.

Ive never heard of such a machine, so woundering if any of you guys could enlighten me. Im guessing they are somekind of machine, much like a powerflusher that has a heating element and a pump to circulate. Thats my guess anyway lol

any advice much appreciated

??????????????? think she is getting mixed up

[DLMURL="http://www.watkinshire.co.uk/boiler-hire/portable-electric-boiler-hire/22kw-mobile-boiler.php"]22kw Mobile Electric Boiler Hire From Watkins Hire Ltd[/DLMURL]

interesting! :dizzy2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Working at a flow temp of 30 ? As a dt of 30...
Replies
Views
Thanks @Jones82 I’ll be sure to mention when...
Replies
Views
I think you need to rule out a leak on the...
Replies
Views
S
that is a posibility i hadnt considered but...
Replies
Views
Back