heating controls | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss heating controls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

just after some recomendations for heating control system (pack) for my own gaf. Nearly finished almost complete new system, all new rads bar a couple have been replaced. Cleaner in system already before system drain down on Monday.

System was gravity primaries (28) and pumped heating (28f 22 r). Problems are (nearly were) all the ground floor heating is in concrete floor.
(had 1 leak about 4 years ago and was a nightmare to cut in to the floor to find the leak....never again*) Discovered non of the copper in floor appeared to be protected:-(. Almost finished routing it all upstairs. New boiler in today (WB standard 30cdi). Old system to be decomissioned Monday. Just after recomendations for a control pack. A must is a wireless room stat. Don't mind spending a bit more on own place...

any recomendations ???

*very prevelent around here. Regularly get calls for pipes leaking in floors (due to unprotected copper), just cannot understand how they got away with it circa 30years ago:mad:..was there no building control?????

OK, you will need (some of this you may have already):

Wiring centre (aka junction box)
Cylinder thermostat
Either one mid-position valve or two zone valves.
HW Programmer
CH programmers
CH thermostat.

The last two can be combined as programmable thermostats

Most wireless programmable thermostats are single channel devices only, so you need a separate single channel timer for the Hot water. This can be located near the HW cylinder and, as it is not altered very often, that should not be an inconvenience.

I would recommend the Honeywell CM927 for the CH programmable thermostat and, for HW, Honeywell ST9100A or ST9100C or Drayton Tempus 1 or Tempus 2.

There are two channel wireless controls, but these are intended for separate heating channels. There are also wireless HW controls, but they are expensive and not very practical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
I’m not posting here to agree to do/looking...
Replies
Views
P
Yeah. You could do it with Hive.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have you got any updates on this?
Replies
Views
E
This needs someone to go through it. My advice...
Replies
Views
Back