Heating design considerations | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Heating design considerations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently have a gas open-vented central heating system with radiators (10mm pipework) in a house built in 1988.

I'm thinking of having the boiler changed and swapping to a sealed system (to increase shower pressure).

Will this simply invovle a flush out of the system then changing the boiler and the tanks?

Would I be better sticking with the open-vented and installing pumps to increase the pressure for the two showers?

Last edited:
Installing a shower pump on your existing system would be your best bet. Not only is it a cheaper option but the pressure will be greatly increased.
Having a shower fed from a combi-boiler will not increase the pressure as it is mains fed and you cannot fit a pump to this system.

go for sealed system , and pumps for the showers. keep away from combi,s ...

system boiler with unvented cylinder provides the best results.

personally i'd have a broagg quinta with a flamco cylinder - better still a manco copper cylinder, from manchestercoppersmiths (pricy but the best and all made of copper)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It doesn't have a thermostat and the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Ok, thanks, so if it can not be accessed from...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Looking at how you replied to ShaunCorb's...
Replies
Views
T
  • Question
Sounds OK so long as the heating system is...
Replies
Views
Back