heating engineer wages | Plumbers Arms | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss heating engineer wages in the Plumbers Arms area at Plumbers Forums

plumb_know

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi Everyone,

we are trying to hire good heating engineers and just wondering what gas safe engineers in the south east are expecting to be paid. our position is PAYE with pension scheme offered, van, uniform, tablet etc provided. monday to friday 7:30am-5pm (obviously this is plumbing so times are not set in stone)

i was expecting to pay around 40k,

would like to know whether people on here think this is reasonable

thanks

£40k a year used to be a good wage. We have been advertising at that sort of money and got very little interest. Lots of work out there and seemingly not enough gas engineers has driven up wages significantly over the past 18 months.

Problem is pims don’t help saying you can easily earn 100k 150k with ot

Yes thats what i am finding at the moment and heard other small companies saying the same, people want silly money at the moment. can see another recession coming along shortly house prices going silly again.

and the people i do get to interview are well below par, cant see who is paying them to be honest

Bigger companies where they can hide away and not be found out to be too useless. I genuinely think to attract anyone decent you need to be offering £45-50k a year. The problem is, it’s then difficult to make them profitable for the business. Add employers NI, van, insurance, pension, paid holidays etc etc. I don’t really know what the answer is.

Thanks everyone, i will do the numbers and see what i can do might be time to increase our rates again everything else seems to be going up

From jan ours are going up they have too

Thanks everyone, i will do the numbers and see what i can do might be time to increase our rates again everything else seems to be going up
Everything is getting more expensive. I’ve just given pay rises to my staff as I don’t want them to fall behind what’s available elsewhere, also the cost of living is getting more expensive. I have had to put prices up to cover it. No complaints so far from any customers.

Similar plumbing topics

C
Looking for someone to join a motivated...
Replies
Views
Clemmie
C
P
I am looking for a Service Engineer, Main...
Replies
Views
Paul Brassett
P
Growing plumbing & heating company based near...
Replies
Views
We are looking for an experienced plumber or...
Replies
Views
Sounds like he was in too deep. At least he...
Replies
Views
Back