Heating/hot water not working | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Heating/hot water not working in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

K

Klouise

Just looking for some help really, since Saturday my heating will not come on at all! The boiler isn't firing up either and the hot water has ran out, the pressure on the boiler was fine, had someone out to check it and they got it working again but then it wouldn't switch off And the heat was continuously coming from the radiators even though the thermostat was turned down and I turned the heating off on the timer box, it lasted like that for around 5ish hours then boiler stopped making noise and there was no heating or hot water again and the pressure is as high as it will go now Does anyone have any idea what this could be? I'm waiting on the boiler man coming back, I have a 4 year old and it's December so as you can imagine I need it sorting ASAP. If it helps my boiler is a vaillant ecomax and I have a separate water tank upstairs, Thanks x

Filling loop left open?
May have been a "temporary fix" due to a faulty expansion vessel or pressure relief valve, have seen this done before. The vaillant boilers usually have a diagnostic menu system built in, a call to vaillant technical support may help you while you wait for the engineer to turn up.
Homeowner technical helpline

0344 736 0049

Call them before the office closes, the 03 number is mobile friendly

Last edited:
And tesco have cheap electric space heaters around a tenner if you are worried about the child getting cold

Similar plumbing topics

76 Views and not one single "expert" has...
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
M
The power to switch the boiler on for heating...
Replies
Views
The timeclock is hopefully fairly self...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back