Heating & hot water problems | Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Heating & hot water problems in the Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's area at Plumbers Forums

T

TomLane

Evening all,

Hope you're all okay.

Was called to a house last week by the homeowner who has recently moved in to the house.

They have an Ideal Mexico floorstanding boiler with a 210ltr hot water cylinder next to it. (I think the cylinder is too small for the size of the property, but that's a separate issue at the minute.)

When they arrived, they had hot water. But after 2 days the hot water had ran out. Initially, what I think had happened was the previous homeowner had been having problems with the DHW so had turned the immersion on to keep the water hot until they left when they simply switched it off!!

I had to replace the pump as it wasn't working anymore & initially this rectified the problem. When I changed the pump I noticed that there was only one 2 port valve. I understand that it is possible for the system to function with only one 2 port valve.

The homeowner, as helpful as he is trying to be, has begun to fiddle as the hot water had ran out again somehow.

There is a 2 dial programmer on the wall that I think is solely controlling the hot water alone. There is another timer wired in away from the programmer for the central heating that is malfunctioning.

Last few details that I have remembered to try & help all understand what the situation is.

- house is an old rectory with 3 floors
- downstairs = 1 utility, 1 kitchen, 1 WC, 1 bathroom
- 1st floor = 1 main bathroom, 1 en-suite, 1 WC
- haven't managed to count all rooms in the house with radiators
- DHW was expanding into 1st floor towel rads
- 3 time clocks controlling pumps to each floor for radiators
- outside swimming pool heated also from boiler controlled by pump on fused spur (instead of port valve which has been bypassed)

Hope I have provided enough info to help!

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Not to my knowledge but they're not things I...
Replies
Views
Looks that way, a multimeter would tell alot...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That’s good, we’ll persevered! Let us know...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I'm with Chuck, it may be the shower passing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
Back