Heating not going off, hot water only heating to lukewarm | Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Heating not going off, hot water only heating to lukewarm in the Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's area at Plumbers Forums

R

robbieh

Hi all,

Im having a problem, yesterday I noticed the hot water only heated lukewarm, today I have just noticed the same, but also the radiators are scorching hot, even with the thermostat lowered to 10. I have tried turning the heating off around 20 mins ago but as of yet they havent cooled down.

Dont know much about all this, Ive just dug out the instruction booklet for the boiler and it says glow worm, but doesnt specify the model, although the booklet says 30BF 40BF 50BF and 60BF. Its around 12 years old.

any advice? Im worried it could be an emergency. Cheers.

Just looked in the airing cupboard, we have a 3 way diverter valve with settings W M and H. it is currently set to H. Could this be anything to do with it? Missus had cupboard stuffed full of clothes so switch could have been knocked.

Edit: also another switch with MAN and OPEN currently set to MAN.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

J
  • Question
Check it has sufficient water pressure first.
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
S
  • Question
Can you measure that flowrate with the shower...
Replies
Views
D
Have you checked your hot water schedule? It...
Replies
Views
peter challinor
P
Assuming ita a combi boiler then you can set...
Replies
Views
L
Replies
Views
Back