heating only works when the water is on | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss heating only works when the water is on in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

J

jrmch_uk

Hello

we have a problem where the heating will only work when the water is on.

we have:

Ideal Classic RS40 boiler

Iflo Mid positon actuator MA1 (W M H) selection switch

Danfuss CP15

When the heating is selected on its own the switch up stairs goes to the M positon.

When the heating and the water are on it is on the W position.

When the water is on on its own it is in the W position.

The boiler only ever comes on when is the water is on on its own or the water and heating on together.

The control panel in the kitchen allows independent water and heating to be set, we are new in this property and I'm not sure if this is correct or whether there is a fault.

We had a plumber come around and do some fiddling for 15 minutes and he said that we have to have the water on in order for the heating to work this sounds a little strange why would there be independent controls if this was the case?

He said that he has fixed it so that the heating will stay on even when the water is up to temperature, he said that before this the heating would switch off because of an issue with the valve however since his visit the water seems to be extremely hot almost feeling like boiling water and I suspect he hasn't done anything other than turn the water temperature up, all over heating does seem to be much better than it was but it still will not work without the water being on.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hi, sorry just saw you had co15, no you can't have just heating with this programmer I believe, where Edo you live maybe someone on here can help fit a new one

Thanks for the response gasman, I dont understand why they put seperate buttons on it!

there is a +1hr button for heating and one for water, if you pushthe heating a red light comes on but no heat, then push on the water +1 and heat and water! -

just wanted to make sure the plumber wasnt telling me a load of who shot john, he seemed very unprofessional.

Thanks again for your help.

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
T
Get an acv cylinder. Great for boiler and work...
Replies
Views
Heating will run until hot gets up to...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
M
Isolate and drain boiler. Pump up expansion...
Replies
Views
Back