Heating side problems with Ferroli F24 combi | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
Guest viewing is limited

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Heating side problems with Ferroli F24 combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon all,

My Ferroli F24 is playing up on the heating side (HW is fine); the boiler will not ignite for CH despite the room stat calling for it; I've had a good look at it, and when I disconnect the electrical connection to the flow sensor on the CH outlet pipe and call for heating, the boiler fires...but then goes out after 10 seconds or so.

I installed a new flow sensor on the CH flow pipe and this has made no difference.

Any ideas?

SO, to reiterate, HW fine, but when CH is called for, it will not ignite boiler UNLESS CH flow sensor is disconnected, in which case it does fire, but then goes out after 10 seconds...incidentally, when it does fire up (ie with CH flow sensor disconnected), there is no electrical signal sent to the pump, so it doesn't spin.

What's the next step other than a new boiler 'cos it's doing my head in!!

Cheers

Gareth

Get a professional in.
This plumbing forum will not provide advice to anybody with regards to boiler repairs or any other form of gas plumbing without you first providing us with your Gas Safe Registration number in a thread - for very obvious reasons. If you're not qualified to touch gas, you should stay well clear of trying to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

(cont'd) Anyway, fairly keen for someone to...
Replies
Views
I would suggest you contact gas safe to report...
Replies
Views
I don’t know your boiler but would expect it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks, I have a probe thermometer so...
Replies
Views
If it's creeping back upto 3 bar with nothing...
Replies
Views
Back