Heating system query | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Heating system query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Morning chaps

Not strictly a gas query but I suppose it's all linked.

Got a customer who wants a new heat only boiler fitting, as money is tight ( isn't it always ) she doesn't want any changes made to her controls. Are we allowed to fit a new boiler onto an old Y plan? Logic would say yes but I don't know if regs say no.

She has backed down and agreed to having TRVs

Cheers all

matt

yes if your have time and temp control of both heating and hot water seperate from each other it will be fine.

If that's all she can afford what else can you do, if you don't fit it someone else will. I would certainly fit it, better than nothing, if building regs want all singing and dancing then it's time they put there hands in there pockets and paid for them, most people this is a massive cost, that's why they only change when the boilers dead,

Y plan is no bother just be sure to have the room stat. You can pick up the wired ones for less then £20 if it can be easily run in.

How can they enforce it ! if customer cant afford it, at the end of the day its there property you cant make them have what they don't want. Just put it on bench mark and on your invoice that customer requested other items not be fitted, As stani says if you don't do it some one else will, at the end of the day we still have family's to support

Errr yes I did record that he wouldn't pay for a new flue so I fitted combi to old bbu liner.... It's written on receipt tho? They wouldn't pay for earth at meter either or a tightness test

Morning chaps

Not strictly a gas query but I suppose it's all linked.

Got a customer who wants a new heat only boiler fitting, as money is tight ( isn't it always ) she doesn't want any changes made to her controls. Are we allowed to fit a new boiler onto an old Y plan? Logic would say yes but I don't know if regs say no.

She has backed down and agreed to having TRVs

Cheers all

matt

No probs at all. It’s a good practice to comply with the Building regs. TRV’s are part of it. Here’s a guide in PDF on how to comply with the regs:

Guidance on how to comply with the Part L 2013 - heating controls - Technical Guides

Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

At the moment when you move the hot water...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do...
Replies
Views
That's what I was hoping, looks like a good...
Replies
Views
Thanks Enthalpy, Your conclusion is exactly...
Replies
Views
Back