Heating Vinyl past limit of 30c | Water Underfloor Heating Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Heating Vinyl past limit of 30c in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at Plumbers Forums

So vinyl instructions say limit is 30c, but that means it'll take longer to get the room hot, which i don't wanna wait. But I also don't wanna destroy the new vinyl I've just laid.

So I thought why not test it.

I have a sous vide machine which will heat water to a consistent temperature, I can vacuum seal some of the vinyl and leave it being heated at 40c for a week or two. if it isn't damaged then can I go ahead and turn up the UFH temp to 40c.

Thoughts?

Do you want your room hotter than 30 deg C? I doubt it.

You need to learn how to use your underfloor heating properly then you will have happy, warm days.

Have it on all/ nearly all the time, depending on your controls, the idea is it stays pretty much the same temperature and therefore warm up time is not a thing.

Hmm okays but humour me, given the boiler runs at 65c due to the rads. Wouldn't running the ufh running at 40c get up to temp faster meaning it can hit the room temp faster and in turn the boiler turn off faster

Last time.
If run ‘properly’ there really is no getting up to temp (well ok there is once) - the idea is not to let it get cold as the response time of the slab is more oil tanker turning than jet ski.

Normally 24-48 hours for it to warm is normally depending on the type of slab etc

Yep

Similar plumbing topics

Don't really know, maybe try setting P10 to...
Replies
Views
Well that doesn't help at all with the question
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Stephen - I have a 300L Vailant auroSTOR...
Replies
Views
P
Mr Speaker: I'm tempted to draught a sarcastic...
Replies
Views
Back