Heating wont turn off (ferroli 30) | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Heating wont turn off (ferroli 30) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steve12286

Hello Folkes
Good to join your forum
I have complletely installed my own Ferroli F30 B combi (not a plumber) DIYer, had it passed by Corgi reg engineer and he complemented me on the installation
However, installing it is one thing but when a boiler starts to go wrong its a whole different story
The problem is the heating wont turn off!, turned room stat right down low with no joy..still full on phew!, tried disconnecting the stat completely,
the only way to turn off is by flicking the "auto" switch on the time clock to off.
What would be the best place to start?
Cheers
Steve

get on the phone to a gas safe engineer
sorry dont personally think diyers should play with boilers

f30b???? put it in the bin and get someone to fit a decent make and you shouldent be so cheap as to put it in yourself and fit a ferrolli

totaly agree with above.

however is the boiler situated loft or garage.

totaly agree with above.

however is the boiler situated loft or garage.
I chose the Ferroli because its suits my purpose, I'm sure it has a place amongst boilers in the same way that a ford fiesta has among cars, I see on this forum there is a total of 60 threads for Ferroli problems compared with 670 for the Worcester..so based on "your" experience I could argue that the bin be reserved for the Worcester Bosch
As an experienced builder carpenter/joiner (qualified and certified) I am well aware of health and safety regarding gas installations, I'm also well aware of my own ability and when to draw the line
The reason I installed it myself was not to save money, it was because I enjoy all aspects of plumbing, I learn many aspects and principles of the trade which is associated with what I do in the building trade, so how do you become "experienced" is it through experience, making mistakes or getting someone else to do do it
I know I've gone on a bit but because of your response so far I felt I needed to justify things a bit
However, I did get one reasonable reply which was from Paul
The boiler is in my office situated on an external wall of a single story extension with straight unobstructed virtical flu

Cheers
Steve

That should be 270 Worcester

Last edited by a moderator:
well if heating going off when time control turned to off position but not on timed position would assume time clock faulty

let us have your gas engineers phone number, Ive lots of people who want his services cos its basically illegal to do what hes done and i dont do it, so theres one or two people around here who need his help.

Sorted, problem was dead batteries in room stat, it seems they died after calling for heating and closing the circuit, they had enough power to show move temp up and down on the stat but not enough to open the circuit

Cheers

Sorted, problem was dead batteries in room stat, it seems they died after calling for heating and closing the circuit, they had enough power to show move temp up and down on the stat but not enough to open the circuit

Cheers

was it a drayton roomstat buy any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi Linda. Sorry for late reply. I did get it...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
The new chap, he didn't have to do much but he...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Wired wrong get the installers back
Replies
Views
S
need to get out and test everything with your...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
Back