heating works in service mode but otherwise hot water only. | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss heating works in service mode but otherwise hot water only. in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I

IanAsh

Hi, I have a problem with a Main eco 30 combi boiler. Hot water works fine but when heating is called for nothing happens. No light illuminates or anything.

I've found a workaround where if you put it service mode (to change high / low flame) then the heating led flashes along with the hot water light. At this point the pump is running and the central heating system is working though as the boiler is turning the flame on and off during the service mode sequence this isn't ideal and will take a lot longer to heat up the system.

As the heating is working successfully in service mode however why is it simply not responding when the heating is called for otherwise? The system uses wireless stats and then the heating is turned on and off via this the actuator valves open as you would expect but the boiler does not respond otherwise.

Any ideas appreciated. cheers

Control issue

Similar plumbing topics

H
In service mode can you up or lower the...
Replies
Views
76 Views and not one single "expert" has...
Replies
Views
M
The power to switch the boiler on for heating...
Replies
Views
Looks that way, a multimeter would tell alot...
Replies
Views
Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B...
Replies
Views
Back