heating zones part L | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss heating zones part L in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

B

buckley plumb

just read an article in the worcester bosch installer mag on the new part L heating regs .it said that new heating sytems now have to have the upstairs and down stairs zoned seperate even if its under150m2.anyone else read this

ant

I read that and it's true. Seems a lil bit hard to sell thou.

Especially to the older generation who have had a clock for the last 20 years!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are doing a new system it's no big deal - normally only a matter of sticking an extra zone valve on and the electrician wiring up an extra channel.

Well thanks to the welsh assembly. They have passed a requirement for all of new build to have sprinkler systems. Forget the extra zone valve for heating lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when i worked for a company we did lots of split zones some had each floor (4 storey house ) zoned and 5 ufloor heating zones they are wired as a supper s plan quite easy to wire all the oranges /greys/ blues together and the brown fed from each floor stat. i have done a combi connected to a mega flow -used hw from combi to feed kitchen sinks then split htg flow to make s plan to feed htg and cylinder which fed bathroom.

please can you explain how.
There seems to be two ways of piping the heating in a house.

The older, traditional, way is to have a single pair of 22mm pipes which snake round the house, feeding both upstairs and downstairs, with the rads connected by 15mm drops.

The second method is to split the system into upstairs and downstairs immediately after the pump and provide a separate pair of 22mm pipes for each floor.

In some cases, e.g concrete floor downstairs, the first method may be easier as the downstairs rads can be fed from upstairs using 15mm drops down the wall.

Apart from that, the second method is preferable. The difference in the amount of pipe used is negligible.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
what a stupid regulation if it doesn’t spell...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The eTRVs would have to open before the zone...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Zone 1 does the whole house including...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had an offer in on 3bay for the one I...
Replies
Views
Back