Heatline C24 pressure going too high | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Heatline C24 pressure going too high in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, We have a heatline C24 boiler & when the heating is on the pressure gauge is going up into the red to as high as 3.5bar, When the heating is off it sits at around 1.3-1.5bar.

I turned it off & waited a few hours for it to settle & drained some water via a radiator bleed valve to relieve pressure from the system, I took it down to about 1.1bar while off yet still when the heating came on it went up well into the red above 3 bar. I then took a bit more water out the system to drop pressure a bit more but as soon as it went below 1 bar the heater wouldn't come on as it was below the minimum pressure.

When we have had the boiler serviced by a British Gas engineer in the past they said that when the system is off/cold the pressure should be at around 1.5bar (Which is also what it says in the user manual) & that is what it's always been around, When on/hot it seems to fluctuate a lot between 2-3 bar & there doesn't seem to be any consistency in where it sits when hot.

Any idea on what could be causing it to go into the red?

Very common but requires a gas safe engy to do the work

If you still with BG call them out, if not local Gas Engineer , simple fix,

As above, potentially a simple fix.
If British gas serviced then possibly in the 20mins it took them they overlooked something.
Get them back & get them to service properly iaw Manufacturers instructions which will resolve your issue if no component failure.
Thanks,
Andy (Allgoode)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
How high is the hill 40m as that will add 4...
Replies
Views
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable...
Replies
Views
  • Question
hi have been a plumber for 50 years this month...
Replies
Views
R
thank you engineer coming at the weekend
Replies
Views
Rod4444
R
C
I’m not posting here to agree to do/looking...
Replies
Views
Back