Heatline C28 Boiler problem - Please help! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Heatline C28 Boiler problem - Please help! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mark1981

Dear fellow members,

I hope one of you can help clear up a problem I am experiencing with my Heatline c28 boiler. When the CH setting on the boiler is set to approximately 40-50 degrees, everything works fine. We have central heating, we have hot water.

However, when the CH dial on the boiler is set to anything hotter than 40-50 we cannot get any hot water when the CH is on even if the DHW dial is set to maximum. The boiler does not kick in when the hot water taps or shower is switched on.

There are no flashing warning signs on the boiler so everything it's nothing obvious.

Any idea what the problem may be? Ideally we'd like the radiators to be hotter than they are so the house warms up quicker but we'd obviously like hot water at the same time
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks
Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
If you turn heating off,so on hot water only setting does boiler come on,if not ,would first look at the hot water flow switch maybe

Hi Puddle, If i switch CH off so it is just on hot water mode it works fine.

If I have the CH on full blast then hot water will only work once the CH has been off long enough for the water to cool down.

Or, another scenario...If I have the CH on full blast so the hot water does not work THEN I reduce the CH setting to 40-50 degrees THEN switch the boiler off completely for 15 seconds then back on to CH & DHW it all seems to work fine.

The problem all seems to stem around the issue of the central heating being hotter than 50 degrees.

I hope all that makes sense
icon7.png

One more question...or two actually :)

1. If it is a duff flow switch has anyone any idea how much this is likely to cost for a gas man to replace/fix?

2. If it is the NTC sensor how much is this lilely to cost for a gas man to fix/replace?

Thanks

It is not flow switch if working ok in hot water mode,sounds like sensor or pcb but as you imply first thing would be to test sensor resistances

I've noticed that on the boiler it states the pressure should always be between 1 and 2. However, my boiler is constantly at about 2.3 on the pressure gauge. Would this stop the hot water from running when the CH is on max?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Yes spot on need to have a look behind the...
Replies
Views
B
No the installers need to come out
Replies
Views
Back