heatline c28 combi boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss heatline c28 combi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rajdeep Singh

Hello everybody,
New to this forum and looking for some advice. I have a C28 combi heatline boiler and have the following problem

When set on heating and water and I put the heating on, within 30 seconds the burners / pilot light cuts out and the heating doesnt warm up. However when you run the taps on hot water the boiler lights up and stays on with the water being hot. The pilot light / burner doesn't go out.

What is causing the problem for the burner / pilot light go out when the heating is on?
I have already replaced the three port valve with no success.

Can you please please help
thanks

:Welcome: to the forum Rajdeep :)

Does the boiler light on heating only, any lights flashing? Do you ge any heat at all ?

Hi Rajdeep, welcome.

Could be primary thermistor, easy enough to check with multimeter.

I know it's a silly question , but did you open the isolating valves after you replaced 3 port valve ?? have you got any flashing led's (Lights) flashing on boiler ?

No flashing LEDs at all.
No heating at all the pipe near the overheat safety thermostat gets very hot! But soon as the burner / pilot light cuts out the pipes reduce in heat
I didn't open the isolating valves either should I have done this?
How do u do this?

By isolating valves do you mean the onesw under the boiler on the heating pipes?

It sound like you are out of your depth .Without being rude i think you need to call a gsr engineer

If valves under boiler have been turned off then water to heating will -not get away from boiler thats why it shuts off when you turn on heating, Did you reconnect wires to 3 port valve ?? You could also have a faulty PCB !!

could be many issues really. you need to find a reliable gas engineer to sort this for you, you shouldn't really be touching the internals yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
A
Might be worth an engineers visit, could be a...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
Back