Heatline Compact S24/30 Pressure Relief and PRV | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Heatline Compact S24/30 Pressure Relief and PRV in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

J3000

Hi guys,

I have a heatline compact s24. The central heating works but the pressure relief pipe outside is constantly dripping warm water. I'm thinking a new PRV is needed or the expansion vessel is damaged.

Also I get a good flame picture when the heating is on but when I turn on a hot water tap, the flame immediately turn yellow. In fact it turns yellow when the heating is off and the hw is on. The boiler is off now but could this mean a faulty gas valve?

With the cost of labour and parts in mind, I'm contemplating just getting rid and installing a new boiler...

Please let me know if you need more info.

Many thanks in advance.

John

call in a gsr engineer,heatline are cheap boilers that parts can cost a fortune to but best get rid

I once went to a boiler (can't give the manu's name,but it rhymed with beatmine)with intermittent faults.On ringing their helpline I was told to change the boiler,almost as a matter of course.Basicaly,the 'adviser' was saying that the boiler was too old to justify spending money on.From memory (which may be inaccurate,I don't want to be sued),this is the last part of the conversation.
"So how old would this boiler be,then?"
"That model would be at least 5 or 6 years old,minimum!Get a new one."
"That isn't old for a boiler!"
"It is for one of ours."
A new NTC,and all ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yes, I have this as well. I called a plumber...
Replies
Views
Pritesh Patel
P
thank you, good tip, I will try
Replies
Views
Thermostat changed... With the new one, it...
Replies
Views
If you're gas safe registered please increase...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
C
I’m not posting here to agree to do/looking...
Replies
Views
Back