heatline s24 boiler pressure gauge problem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss heatline s24 boiler pressure gauge problem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

blindboy999

heatline boiler S24, after removing rad and replacing it, low pressure light flashing and boiler cutting out. Have to increase pressure to 2.5 bar before boiler fires up again, when boiler at full pressure reading in the red. gauge stops at 2 bar when pressure is released (open rad valve drain water). is this a faulty gauge or should the low pressure setting be reset to a lower setting some how. Apart from abnormal gauge reading boiler works fine. thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
pump pressure switch faulty /or lwp switch,check with multi tester

as said lwp faulty/ blocked with crud,if the gauge wont go under 2 bar either try soaking the end that conects into the water works in vinegar (sometimes works) or you need a new one

I havnt heard that one Gas Man with the vinegar , I usually just clean the crud out with a small screwdiver and wash out or usually just go and buy another one to be 100% sure

vinegar works well on things like that,and jets and pilot injectors

Hi guys, thanks for your help. yesterday I drained the system and left things alone for a couple of hours while I went out. on return gauge stuck on just under 2.5 bar. refilled system relying on low pressure sensor you get to a stage where the boiler fires. when fired up the gauge increases by 1 bar i.e. up to 3.5 although to my mind this normal to increase by 1 bar, but its a bit scary seeing a reading in the red (red is 3 to 4 bar). so it does seem the gauge is stuck. I will try your recommendations before forking out for a replacement. again thanks for your help. p.s. sorry for delay in replying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Reply was much appreciated, thank you.
Replies
Views
Apologies for not attaching photos but many...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable...
Replies
Views
Back