Heatrea Sadia Megaflow and Oil Condensate Boiler - Return Pipe Cold | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Heatrea Sadia Megaflow and Oil Condensate Boiler - Return Pipe Cold in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jodi Thomson

Hi Folks

Been having some probs with our new heating Megaflow with a worcesteer Greenstar Condensing Boiler. The CH is not working pro - after the 4th plumber having a look at this, he has said that the retirn pipe to the boiler is cold, but after looking and bleeding everything and looking again, can't seem to find the fault. Any ideas?

yeah pump has been replaced - nothing wrong with the old one.

Presumably he checked the pressure in the expansion vessel? What size is the cylinder, how big is the expansion vessel and what's the pressure set to?

The expansion vessel for the heating - the hot water expansion is fine as you've got the hot water working okay. Did you get the Sadia rep and the Worcester rep out?

I could not get either of them to come out, as sadia said it was the boiler and worcester said it was the megaflo. We got another good plumber from Aberdeen out, and what we think we have realised is : - The megaflo works - we have plenty of hot water, never a prop there. The boiler obviously works it starts it stops its heating the water (roasting hot water), so both applicance work, its just the CH bit inbetween. The Flow coming in from the Boiler is boiling but the return going back is cold. The new plumber thinks we have a major airlock within the pipes somewhere, as it heats some rads not all, we've tried bleeding the rads, megaflo, and boiler to no avail. The airlocks makes a lot of sense after reading about them online. Just don't know how to prove its that and how to get rid of it. The plumber who was here for 8 hours today, said switch the first rad nearest the megaflo on, wait, once heated, switch the next one in line on and switch the first off , and go round them all like this. But its a sealed system, that would just mean that the bubble would be going round and round. We need to get it out!

To me, if you leave this too long you will be out of the warranty period from both Heatrea and Worcester. You've paid good money to get a decent quality system.

I feel the fact that you've had four plumbers out, the latest being there for 8 hours shows there is something wrong with either the cylinder or the boiler. (My feeling is it's the cylinder and probably the coil in it.)

I also feel, unfortunately, that if you keep asking the question here the other plumbers will just ignore you and you will feel more exasperated and frustrated.

I wonder if a plumber removes the flow and return from the cylinder and solders them together to create a circuit then turns the boiler on whether you'll have a working heating system? If so, it would prove the heating circuit works, the boiler works but there is something wrong with the cylinder. The boiler is obviously providing heat or you wouldn't have hot water.

I've done what I can to help you so please don't expect another response from me. If I get a brain wave I'll shout but I feel strongly that you should make Heatrea come out.

can you tell me if the heating is new or old and has it worked ? have you had any new pipework or rads added ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

With CH selected on, if you open a hot tap...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
If you add up all the R values you can then...
Replies
Views
Back