Height from bath to shower valve | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Height from bath to shower valve in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I started a bathroom today and I'm putting a bar mixer over the new shower bath, I should have stood in the old bath before I ripped it out to postion the height of the new shower valve.

Basic question I know but does anyone have a measurement ?, ideally from the floor.

I Know baths vary in height but lets assume this bath is' standard'. First job tomorrow is the run pipes up and aquaboard over.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Not a golden rule but around 1200mm seems to work. In reality I stand there and put my hand out to turn the imaginery knobs then measure - gets some funny looks though!

Upvote 0
I started a bathroom today and I'm putting a bar mixer over the new shower bath, I should have stood in the old bath before I ripped it out to postion the height of the new shower valve.

Basic question I know but does anyone have a measurement ?, ideally from the floor.

I Know baths vary in height but lets assume this bath is' standard'. First job tomorrow is the run pipes up and aquaboard over.

Cheers.

IF ITS FOR A CUSTOMER get the lady of the house to decide!
bob

Upvote 0
exactly how i do it as well even with out the bath i stand there and add about 8 inches that realy gets funny looks

:eek:

:D

LOL

IF ITS FOR A CUSTOMER get the lady of the house to decide!
bob

I asked a customer this once (for a rain head) - he was very picky with everything. I measured with him standing there and he insisted on its position. 2-3 days later he returned and was hardly able to stand under it. Shame as the shower only cost around £900. He didn't dare have a go at me as I told him I'd made it 2" higher than he wanted.

Didn't like him and I refused to change it.

Upvote 0
Thanks.

I get the customer involved in everything don't get me wrong but they are out at work when I get there and the first job today (should be there now I know!) is to run the pipes up the wall to the bar mixer.

The room is totally gutted so I cant ask her to stand in the bath and position it anyway, even if she was here.

I'll measure the new bath and go from there I think, should be around 1200mm then.

Upvote 0
Phil, like all have suggested your best bet it to go 1200mm and like all i too get silly looks from customers while i turn imaginary knobs in thier bathrooms

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Installing a P-shaped shower bath in a small...
Replies
Views
T
  • Question
I am redoing my bathroom and not sure what the...
Replies
Views
Thermostatic shower
T
  • Question
What is your source of hot water? What bar...
Replies
Views
T
Replies
Views
  • Question
I don't see your comments?
Replies
Views
Back