Hello all im new. (modena 102 ch prob) | The Welcome Wagon :) | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter brianpara1
  • Start date
  • Replies 18
  • Views 2K

Discuss Hello all im new. (modena 102 ch prob) in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brianpara1

Please can somebody offer any help.
Modena 102 ch prob. When heating kicks in (everything is good) the pressure gauge soon (after about 30 seconds) flickers then rises to about 3 bar, then cuts out, and will not start again for about 2 hours.
At 3 bar the prv opens and the expelled water is extremely hot, also the ch pipe out fo the boiler is extremely hot. Dhw working fine.
Thanks for any replies

Expansion vessel is flat / needs replacing, call a plumber/heating engineer who will carry out a boiler service, if you have not had one carried out in the last 12 months & sort it out.

The ev seems to be ok, there is air in it.
How can I check if the pump is working?

If I empty a rad (fill with air ) will it not act as an expansion area?

The easiest way to check parts are working is call a gas safe engineer

In theory that would work by leaving one end open but why would you want to go to all that trouble to save yourself a callout charge? you would have to get a gs engineer to fit the vessel anyway, if thats what was wrong. I can think of 5 reasons your boiler would be doing that and you could not legaly fix any of them.

I understand your situation and sympathise but if we give you advise,we are really helping you break the law

Why dont you post on the plumber/ gsr in your area thread then maybe someone on here can help you,,,

Thanks for the advice, but surely if i just test things (like the pump) and not change things (saving me money) i am not breaking any law

Get a GSR guy in mate it'll be cheaper in the long term rather than you tinker with your boiler & cause more problems.....mind you you'll probably do it yourself....

The flickering and high rise will surely go in conjunction with a boiling noise. As it is a gas boiler every part in it except user controls underly gas works legislation as every part can influence the safe function of the boiler.

If you want to safe money then ask a qualified person for a quote.
If you take one out your neighbourhood he would not need to drive for hours and could possibly have fixed the problem on the first visit within an hour.
Or if there are major problems he could have advised you on how to proceed.

The ketteling in your boiler might do plentiful damage whilst you are testing the boiler.

I dont think the pump is used for hot water on modena 102 boilers

problem now sorted, it was the electrical plug in connection of the pump to the boiler (was burned out). Thanks for all the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Thanks again for your help. Having got hold of...
Replies
Views
Thanks John. Perfect. Much appreciated.
Replies
Views
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Back