Hello All | The Welcome Wagon :) | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Britlee
  • Start date
  • Replies 5
  • Views 1K

Discuss Hello All in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Britlee

I have been to look at job this week and come across something that i have never seen before, The flow and return comes straight from the boiler and feeds the rads and then feeds the cylinder, there are no zone valves so the hot water is governed by the central heating, also there is not cylinder stat or room stat so the boiler will never switch its self off. I have said that this is not right and he replied with, well the last plumber said that its fine. Am i right in what i'm saying. Thanks for reading Lee

Yeh it may work but not very well in my view, came across a system done this way last year, it'd been done by a DIYer who didn't have clue what he was doing, took me a couple of days to re-pipe it into a proper S plan, the blokes fuel bills are now much lower and everything gets hot when it should do. You might want to explain this to your customer and earn yerself a good few quid.

Some systems were put in with just TRVs on, no boiler interlock on the CH, which is now the standard. Not seen one without a valve governing the DHW though.

I went to see him today and explained it all, i said it would be more cost affective in the long run to have i zone valve and a cylinder stat fitted, And i said by doing this you will have more control over your system. He agreed.
The funny thing is before he took over the unit it use to be a plumbing merchants, and looking at the job the staff must of done the work. Very poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yes it will be controlled on boiler thermostat.
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do...
Replies
Views
Hi appreciate and thanks to all that replied...
Replies
Views
No need to move the vent only option if he...
Replies
Views
Yes I’d do that too, just shut the radiator...
Replies
Views
Back