Hello all | The Welcome Wagon :) | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter karenmorgan
  • Start date
  • Replies 14
  • Views 1K

Discuss Hello all in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

karenmorgan

Just wanted to say hi as I'm new to the group. I'm in my 2nd year at college doing Tech Cert 6129 and also hoping to do NVQ Level 2. Passed my first 3 exams so going good so far! Look forward to chatting with you all and racking your brains when I get stuck. Karen

Hi Karen

:welcome2:

Pleased training going well

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. Got Cold Water exam in 2 weeks so I'm hitting the books

Hi Karen welcome to the forum.

Puddle gets the fireworks out for the ladies now?!

Hi Karen, what made you want to be a plumber?

Just interested! :santa:

lol at the fireworks!!!! Um, I enjoy doing it round the house so I thought I'd give it a go. I really enjoy it. I managed to find a plumber to take me on after being turned down everywhere and I've been with him ever since!

That's brilliant you've got a job! Well done and welcome to the best (and most frustrating) trade in the world.

oh no don't say that! I don't do frustration. The biggest issue I have is just confidence. I flooded someones bathroom early on when I hadn't tightened a bollafix valve properly. Ever since then I have a real issue with them! Although my plumber is good as gold and assured me that everyone makes mistakes when they start out, it still makes me feel ill when I have to tighten them!

Welcome Karen! Just call those ballofix valves -" service valves. " like I do! Easier to say & spell! :smile5:

Ballofix, ballafix, we all know what you meant....and yes....everyone libberates a bit of water at some point...whether they're experienced or not, it happens now and then. The secret is to stay looking calm when 3 bar of water hits the ceiling and your tool box is in the van.

Welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Wow thanks for posting. And thanks for posting...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can...
Replies
Views
You need to ask the college where you are...
Replies
Views
Depends what you want to end up doing. Do you...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, my name's Loren, I'm 31 and I...
Replies
Views
Back