Hello and a question about a new Worcester combi oil boiler losing pressure | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hello and a question about a new Worcester combi oil boiler losing pressure in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eriskay

I moved house and had a new Worcester combi oil boiler installed a few months ago. It lost pressure overnight a month or so ago and I refilled it. It seemed to be fine again and worked normally until it suddenly lost pressure the night before last and I had to refill it. I checked that the pressure level was OK before I went to bed last night, but got up this morning to a cold house and no pressure in the boiler again. Any help appreciated - I've had a look round the house and can't see any obvious leaks.

Probably what bod says but might be the pressure relief valve passing as well. If you pressure it up and have a look at the discharge pipe to see if its dripping.

Thank you. An added complication is that the builder still has the paperwork on the boiler and so far I've been having difficulty getting him to come back and sort out the snagging. I'll check with Worcester tomorrow to see if they can do anything without my proof of purchase.

Thank you. An added complication is that the builder still has the paperwork on the boiler and so far I've been having difficulty getting him to come back and sort out the snagging. I'll check with Worcester tomorrow to see if they can do anything without my proof of purchase.

Don't like the sound of that. Was it an OFTEC engineer who installed/commissioned the boiler? I keep the paperwork myself until paid, but after that it's straight to the customer.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks to everyone for your helpful replies. Fortunately I've managed to get hold of the installer (registered) without having to go through the builder and things are looking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
M
Isolate and drain boiler. Pump up expansion...
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
Reply was much appreciated, thank you.
Replies
Views
Back