Hello and a question about water pumps. | The Welcome Wagon :) | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Najdorf
  • Start date
  • Replies 5
  • Views 468

Discuss Hello and a question about water pumps. in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Najdorf

Hi,
I live in Wicklow in Ireland. My wife and I moved here three years ago to escape the Dublin city lifestyle.
We have our own well with various UV and iron filters. In the last two years we have had to replace our Triton shower unit and a Salamander pump (two year old ) which we use for our ensuite.Now the triton pump is getting louder and runs cold intermittently despite being just two years old. Since its just us two here it can't be due to overuse. We live in a bungalow so the gravity feed is not great. We have the water tested recently and the results were good except for water hardness which was 200mg/l. Could this be causing our pumps to fail so frequently ? What I found unusual is that our kettle shows very little sign of limescale build up. So what do you think? If we need to get the hardness dealt with what would you recommend for our well ? Thanking you,
Philip

might well be a cavitation problem,how is pump installed,it should be seperate supplies one direct from cold water tank,one direct from hot water cylinder via either an essex flange or sussex flange in outlet on top of the cylinder,most shower pumps can not be run with a hot water temp above 60-65 centigrade.

if you post in one of the other forums maybe showers and wetrooms you will get more answers as not everybody visits here very often

Thank you David and Steve,
I will check the installation and post this query to the other forum as you suggest Steve,
regards,
Philip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Take it back to the shop.
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Thanks for your reply - softener is brand new...
Replies
Views
Azonic
A
I suppose the other question I forgot to ask...
Replies
Views
thank you!
Replies
Views
Recently over the past 2 months, the boiler or...
Replies
Views
Back