Hello! (And advice!) | The Welcome Wagon :) | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Alhandra
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1K

Discuss Hello! (And advice!) in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alhandra

Hi

I'm new and thought I'd introduce myself! Also to ask advice! Sorry, can't see where to put this!

Sure it's something you've heard a million and one times, but I'm a 27 year old female and I am looking to get into plumbing. To save everyone asking, I want to do it because I enjoy working with my hands and my brain, I like to fix and repair and plumbing fascinates me. I am not in this to make a load of money.

I am hitting the same wall as most people - I am reluctant to go on these miracle courses - they sound phoney to me - but how does someone of my age and gender get in without going down this route? Lord knows no one will give me an apprenticeship, I've tried but keep being told no girls and I'm too old.

I'd be really grateful if anyone could shed some light as to the best way to learn the trade - fully (I'm not interested in short cuts) and to gain employment whilst doing so. I am unemployed so can devote 100% of my time to it.

Many thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum

the best way is to sign up with your local collage courses start in september but you will need to get in now to stand any chance of a place, then when you have made the effort to start training phone, write and email all the companys in your area and keep your fingers crossed,

good luck

If you are unemployed you can probably train for nothing. Talk to your college. Write to local plumbing companies. (dont phone we get enough junk phone calls so Your call wont be given a lot of time or thought)

I'm at training centre at the moment and at same centre is a 6129 course with 2 females on it, one of whom is approx 40-50 and was a bus driver previously, she's getting on with it and doing ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello thanks for your post and joining the...
Replies
Views
Hi mate i did a fast track MLP course it was...
Replies
Views
That's what I was hoping, looks like a good...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes or they do an extra tank so brings it upto...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have some 3 and 4 port valves from them and...
Replies
Views
Back