Hello! Beginner looking for advice... | The Welcome Wagon :) | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter jollywood
  • Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 877

Discuss Hello! Beginner looking for advice... in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jollywood

Hello everyone

I am looking for advice about how to begin the path to becoming a plumber from scratch. My boyfriend is from a different country where he has worked as a builder, ran a gym, worked in retail and as a waiter. He has good English but obviously no GCSE's or any recognised qualifications at all (he does have some qualifications in computing).

How would you advise someone to begin from scratch?

Thanks for the advice :)

Welcome

College basically. Loads of threads in here, hit the search button and you'll be reading for a week.

He is 26 years old. Is there a standard route through college? I'm not sure if for example he needs to do his GCSE's as I read somewhere on here, or if an access course is what he needs to do? Just a little confused!

Trust me, speak to the college, gcse's mean nothing, hope this helps. Welcome to the party

Get a job with a plumber before enrolling on a college course. Colleges just after your money. Get the quals as and when he needs them. Contact as many plumbers as possible , I believe the government give funding to employers taking on apprentices. The pay will be very low at first, but the experience invaluable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If you're dealing with a vulnerable person...
Replies
Views
Update: I couldn't get hold of a heating...
Replies
Views
Another option you might consider is to add a...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back