hello can you help modena 102 | The Welcome Wagon :) | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter leakstop
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 967

Discuss hello can you help modena 102 in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

leakstop

hi all i got a modena 105 runs ok in dhw.
but will only run for 20sec in ch.

boiler sounds like it steaming in ch and then locks out
if i then run the hot tape it spits and steams then run cold for about 15sec then boiler runs ok in dhw .
back to heating runs sounds like its steaming and lock out

thanks

You need a GSR as you have a circulation problem.

When did you last use the heating?

4 months ago the landlord had it running
got to the job this morning ch pressure gauge was rising up then blowing off at prv.
so fitted new expansion vessel. boiler run for about 15mins all good then stopped and started steaming.
sorry whats a GSR.

THANKS
and hello Bubblecraft and millsy 82

Hello Leakstop and welcome. A gsr is a Gassafe registered engineer. Because of boilers being what they are it's illegal for non competent people to work on boilers. This actually includes taking the casing off because the seals could be damaged. Strictly speaking, unless it was an external one, changing the expansion vessel was illegal. Whereabouts are you mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
Its up to you, I am perfactly happy with 6LPM...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
As you radiators are working normally and...
Replies
Views
Back