Hello Electrician looking to become a plumber | The Welcome Wagon :) | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter lthelec
  • Start date
  • Replies 28
  • Views 3K

Discuss Hello Electrician looking to become a plumber in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lthelec

Hello,

I am a qualified electrician with 4 year apprenticiship NVQ L3, city & guilds been in the industry for 11 years. I have been self employed since 2007 my company is MCS registered as I carry out Solar PV installs.

I am looking at going back to college to train as a plumber as I want to be able to install heating systems and carry out general domestic plumbing jobs aswell. I have all the tools for the trade and fancy merging the two.

Forum looks like it will be a fountain of knowledge.

Cheers Leigh

jack of all trades master of none comes to mind, remember you cant go leaving all your sparky rubbish everywhere when your plumbing, got to be tidy to be a plumber. Oh welcome to the site

Welcome and best of luck to you pal. As said, college is probably your best bet.

remember you cant go leaving all your sparky rubbish everywhere when your plumbing, got to be tidy to be a plumber.

LMAO LP every sparks I have ever known, never tidies up, or has a dust pan and brush or Henry in their tools!

LMAO LP every sparks I have ever known, never tidies up, or has a dust pan and brush or Henry in their tools!

Used to get so sick of cleaning up wire clipping when I was employed. Did my nut. I wouldn't bother mate, you couldn't handle the graft ;)

I was a bit worried about down grading my skill level.

And you plumbers don't leave any rubbish as you are to busy weighing it in.

Don't get much chance as by time it hits the floor some one carrying a bag full of pipe pops out of no where grabs it and vanishes.

No seriously I have started to collect it and strip it. Its storing it that does my head in.

I'm training both in electrics and plumbing & guess what, the electrics tutor moans about plumbers being messy and the plumbing tutor says the same about the sparks. I suppose this rivalry has gone on for years and probably will for years to come. Don't let em get to you, you're doing the right thing. Once you've got yourself through the customers door and done the first job (whether it's plumbing or electrical) Having both qualifications means you've got an opportunity for more work from the customer.(assuming you don't cock up the first visit!)
Welcome. You'll find this, and the electricians forum run by the same guys, a great source of advice,.............. and laughs

Nobodys getting at hime. He's welcome to step up to become a plumber. We get all the girls... except for Zeb ;)

As tescos say" every little bit helps" especially when collecting copper dont miss any offcuts! First thing you need to learn as a plumber is that you can no longer spend your day sat on a milk crate to wire in 2nd fixes, its knees only fm now on:bigcry:

Milk crate?

I sit on these bad boys for doing downlights.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357237076659.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357237076659.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 39
No. You can use it to pick up the little bits of wire you leave everywhere!

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello thanks for your post and joining the...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, my name's Loren, I'm 31 and I...
Replies
Views
Hello I’m looking for work as a trainee/mate...
Replies
Views
Back