Hello Every one | The Welcome Wagon :) | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter jack930
  • Start date
  • Replies 16
  • Views 2K

Discuss Hello Every one in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jack930

Hi all

Just qualified as a gas engineer, a month ago, could do with some helpful advice on getting started with getting a job or work for myself.

sent loads of applications for jobs, however i think its a catch 22, got the quals but no exp :nonod: did work experience with a housing company however no job at the end of the training.

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on the pass Jack. Welcome to the madhouse. There'll be boys on here can hopefully give you a few pointers.

cheers, was in the army for 22 year then did hgv driving, thought this would be a better carer now im getting on a bit.

Not being funny Jack mate, but you may well be better off using that hgv of yours, this market is absolutely saturated right now.

It does annoy me that you lads, after putting your lives on the line for us (thank you by the way!) are told by your careers department that the plumbing and building sectors are booming. That's no way to treat you guys!

Thanks croppie, Done the hgv and had 15hr shifts for very little pay its a pain in the rear. ill just keep sending cv's and do agency driving to keep me going, might reg with gas safe soon

Last edited by a moderator:
If you post your location maybe a member can help you.:)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

do agency driving to keep me going, might reg with gas safe soon

Hello Jack and:welcome: along.
Although it will cost £438 (think thats right) to register, you could then start putting the feelers out/advertising and taking on jobs for yourself. Hope it all works out.

thanks guys,, ill have to get registered then jump into it,,me brother does it however he is 250mile away so is no real help unless i relocate, don't think the wife will agree she really like's is down south.

Perseverance is the key i think :dizzy2:

Welcome to the nut house jack930 ! as you see i am down in the bottom bit of Devon and work is very slow ! I do however notice on the Gov job site allways seems jobs for Plumbers around Bristol area, Keep doing the driveing and dont give up your HGV licence like I did , What about doing agency work for Plumbing and Driveing it will keep the money comeing in !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi sir i don't suggest you go out on your own...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I used wd40’s silicone spray version
Replies
Views
If you can afford to lose 1/2 or more of your...
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
Hello, Logic4Training seems to be very...
Replies
Views
Back