Hello everybody :) | The Welcome Wagon :) | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter SamGas
  • Start date
  • Replies 13
  • Views 2K

Discuss Hello everybody :) in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SamGas

Just thought I would say a quick hi seeing as I'm a new member.

I have been a heating engineer apprentince for the past 2 years, but was unfortunatly made redundant at the start of February when the company I was working for went into insolvency. I had already completed my level 2 plumbing course at college before gaining my apprenticeship, so I am now only 6 weeks away from finishing it altogether (NVQ and City & Guilds Level 3 ) I am booked to start my ACS training at the start of June, with the assesments being at the end of June, so if all goes well I should hopefully be all gassed up by July :hurray:

The main worry I have is with my confidence.. I was really trying to avoid being thrown straight in at the deep end, where customers expect you to no what every fault/breakdown is within minutes of arriving at the house, so I have spent the past 2 1/2 months contacting local gas/heating companies offering voluntary help, to give me that last minute boost of confidence and knowledge as I feel that no matter how long you have been doing something, you can never no everything! Unfortunatly I have had no luck with anybody being able to help, which to be fair was a complete shock to me. I thought as soon as I mentioned the word voluntary, somebody would snap my hand off... but I have since realised that that is clearly not the case. I suppose I'll just have to go on as many training courses as I can to get the best start possible.

So excuse me if I do ever ask questions that some of you may think are pretty stupid/obvious, but now that I am not working I cannot just ask my boss.

Sam

:welcome: to the forum Sam ... Good luck for the future :D

Better to ask the question and risk embarrassment than make a costly mistake in my opinion...!

Sometimes Sam the best way to learn is being throw in at the deep end! I understand your nerves though, we've all been there, welcome to the forum fella.
Theres a lot of knowledgable guys here who'll be more than happy to help you out.

Welcome to the forum good luck with your ACS and dont worry about asking questions we have all been there

Where you from Sam?

welcome sam,
there is a lot of members who realy know there stuff and always seem happy to help,you can learn a lot just by reading posts,i wish i had half there no how, just go for it mate,

Thanks everybody! :smile5:

I'm sure you'll see a question or two slip out from me every now and then.

@Whn1 - I live in south Norfolk in a village called Wortwell, (near Harleston)

So I'm thinking I might do LPG too whilst I'm at the gas centre, as its all LPG and oil round where I live and I have done quite alot of work on both of them so already no the 'basics', which I'm hoping will assist my training.

Welcome to the forum and just ask away,theres no need for embaressment weve all been there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

O
  • Article
Any experience with Optima Electrical Training...
Replies
Views
OLG0824
O
O
  • Article
Are at home Level 2 courses actually viable...
Replies
Views
OLG0824
O
Hello thanks for your post and joining the...
Replies
Views
Hi mate i did a fast track MLP course it was...
Replies
Views
N
  • Article
grade B ld1 conventional fire detection system...
Replies
Views
Nelly72
N
Back