Hello everyone, my I borrow an ear or two | The Welcome Wagon :) | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Gok
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 3K

Discuss Hello everyone, my I borrow an ear or two in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gok

Hi all,

I could do with a little advise if that's ok. I am Am an ex- BG engineer who has been out of the game for a spell. I'm now returning as a sub contractor and finding it quite expensive to get up and running, between re taking ACS, registering with gas safe and getting a van. I'm now in a position wher I am looking at paperwork and tools. My query is whether or not to buy a flue gas anlyser and if so which one as they seem to vary in function and cost. Wheni worked for bg I had one but it was different to the current models. I took the CPA1 acs and am aware that there are alot of high efficiency boilers out there!

Any advice?

Thanks gok

i think if you return as a subbie you will get test equipment incl a FGA, you could also get a van, depending on the deal you strike

Hi and thanks for the reply. Forgive the mix up I may not be going back to bg just generally doing some subbie work.

Thanks

Gok

you will definatly need a fga,where we do our acs they wont let you do acs unless you have or take at the time cpa

Hi

I bought a flue analyser recently in City Plumbing, Anton kit 2 for £560 plus vat. This was the cheapest I could find, and includes the printer and gas sniffer

bes have a offer on cant remember the make its a good un £400

Thanks again,

I have cpa1 acs, and have found a TPI709 kit with printer ect for £399 plus vat... I'll compare the spec but it seems to do everything except tighness testing. Appreciate all the advice folks!

Gok

I have a TPI 712, I can't say that I'm that impressed with it. It now needs it's second replacement screen, batteries last a nano second before they need charging again and recalibration costs are high.

Thanks mark,

As that's the next model up from the one I'm looking at perhaps I'll steer well clear.

Hi all,

I could do with a little advise if that's ok. I am Am an ex- BG engineer who has been out of the game for a spell. I'm now returning as a sub contractor and finding it quite expensive to get up and running, between re taking ACS, registering with gas safe and getting a van. I'm now in a position wher I am looking at paperwork and tools. My query is whether or not to buy a flue gas anlyser and if so which one as they seem to vary in function and cost. Wheni worked for bg I had one but it was different to the current models. I took the CPA1 acs and am aware that there are alot of high efficiency boilers out there!

Any advice?

Thanks gok

Hi Gok

found a online shop to get your work wear [DLMURL="http://www.zazzle.co.uk/gok_tshirt-235086994213560599"]Gok T-shirts | Zazzle.co.uk[/DLMURL]

:D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Gok

found a online shop to get your work wear [DLMURL="http://www.zazzle.co.uk/gok_tshirt-235086994213560599"]Gok T-shirts | Zazzle.co.uk[/DLMURL]

:D:D:D

:D:D:D:Dnice one eco

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

J
A gas engineer with respect and quality will...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
The op has left the building for using...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
C
Had a word with one of the companies today and...
Replies
Views
combo
C
C
Thanks for replies. Business wise he is set...
Replies
Views
C1403
C
Back