Hello everyone! | The Welcome Wagon :) | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter toast
  • Start date
  • Replies 21
  • Views 2K

Discuss Hello everyone! in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toast

Hi all,

New to the forum and thought it would be best to start here...

My name is Dan, 24. Usual story, sick of my current job and fancy a change. I feel the next step in my career moves me closer to a chair and a computer, dont fancy that quite yet.

Hopefully i'll be starting an apprenticeship in plumbing and heating in september, paperwork has been sent off just waiting on a response from the college

I'll be sure to check out the forum and avoid starting bone threads :p

:welcome2::welcome2::welcome2: Toast, and the very best of luck with everything.

Hello and welcome and always remember....everyone loves toast lol regards turnpin:54:

welcome, make sure you get an employer to do your apprenticeship with or after 2 years at college you wont get much further as no nvqs etc. then youll really be toast

Hello all!

Thanks for all your replies :smile5:

I'm trying to change my avatar on the settings but when i click 'edit avatar' it just doesn't give me the option. Is there something i need to do? Already activated the account and typed in the long ID.

Cheers

Hello Lame plumber,

Luckily I've already found an employer who is willing to take me on. Level 1 starts in September, just waiting to hear from college about an induction

Welcome!

I'm sure that you have to have a certain number of posts before you can edit you avatar?!

Good luck with all you're doing & welcome again!

better than most who come on here, good for you get on in there.

Maybe i need a certain amount of posts then, its like that with some other forums as well.

Cheers lame. My younger brother started his plumbing apprenticeship straight from leaving school and hes got on pretty well, never really struggling for work. His old boss has agreed to take me on whilst my brother still works for him. My bro lives with me and the misses so its easy to just jump in with him in the mornings and head off to work.

It should all work out OK in the end. Only problem is I've had to put the misses on the mortgage because of her 'stable job', gives us some hope if we want to re mortgage again in 2 years. Not something i wanted to do haha

you are a light at the end of the tunnel, so many are struggling to get apprenticeships but you have used your position to get in there, dont waste it mate and youll crack on in a few years on your own:)

Hi Dan. My name is Tam.
Usual story, sick of my current job and fancy a change. Funnily enough I feel the next step in my career moves me closer to a chair too. The big chair infront of the telly when i rap this rat race in.

Btw colleges don't do apprenticeships, companies do but i'm sure you know that.

Good luck and welcome.

Hi Dan. My name is Tam.
Usual story, sick of my current job and fancy a change. Funnily enough I feel the next step in my career moves me closer to a chair too. The big chair infront of the telly when i rap this rat race in.

Btw colleges don't do apprenticeships, companies do but i'm sure you know that.

Good luck and welcome.

Ha tam you will never stop. When the reaper comes for you you'll be asking him to stick the other end of your hosepipe down the grid:D

i will personally train someone one day as long as i get train in there job for free and we can swap over

Hey guys!

Hi Tam, I'm only doing the one day a week through college as part of the apprenticeship. I want to get the NVQ out the way as soon as possible.

Listening to you lot I'm not sure I'm doing the right thing haha, better get that tesco application ready just incase

The money is sh these days and getting worse.
I only get up in the morning because i'm awake :smile:

Tescos will follow the AA soon and be having plumbers vans running around, then I'll be shopping at Sainsburys coz every little bit wont be helping me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

H
Hi hertsstudent, I'll be honest with you I...
Replies
Views
H
best of british but if you do a search on here...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
C
Replies
Views
corkeeboii
C
C
Hi my name is Dan. i am looking for a plumbing...
Replies
Views
corkeeboii
C
J
My name is James Parry, I'm 28 years of age...
Replies
Views
JimmyParry
J
Back