Hello fellow GSRs | The Welcome Wagon :) | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hello fellow GSRs in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

solutions

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I thought I would post a little introduction as the admins have been kind enough to give me access as of today. My name is Tim and I to am a Gas engineer. As my username suggests I hope to be able to offer some sollutions to the odd problem posed but more likely acquire solutions to the head scratchers that I occasionally encounter. which brings me to the Biasi riva advance He that I had the unfortunate privilege of working on the other day. I posted a question about what might have been causing the faults but did so in the public forum which of course I now Know is a no no. the original post is here.
http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/c...biasi-riva-advance-he-intermitant-failed.html
in case anyone is interested or comes across a similar scenario it was the flue gas manifold that was the guilty party as you can see here.

20131018_141959.jpg20131018_142007.jpg20131018_142528.jpg20131018_142537.jpg20131018_142714.jpg

I put off taking the whole hex out, but in the end it was the only place left. contacted prtctr they told me they had never before sold one it would have to be added to their inventory shipped in from Italy which apparently takes 3 weeks and couldnt tell me how much it was going to be. Fortunately have found it elsewhere. What do you guys think is this just a component failure or some other issue with the boiler caused this?

Welcome to the Sanctum Sanctorum Tim, and thank you for the patience and understanding.

I only deal with bloody big boilers if i can help it so I'll be watching this one and learning.

that has melted and split,check your fga readings might be over gassing or just a crap boiler

that has melted and split,check your fga readings might be over gassing or just a crap boiler

When I get the parts and reassemble first thing I will do is fire up the Kane. It was chucking out 6000ppm co when it fired with the fault. Suspect someone may have fiddled with the gas valve amongst other things as air box cover was loose when I got there so someone untrained had had a go. Of course they must have broken in in the night because the custard new nothing about it.

When I get the parts and reassemble first thing I will do is fire up the Kane. It was chucking out 6000ppm co when it fired with the fault. Suspect someone may have fiddled with the gas valve amongst other things as air box cover was loose when I got there so someone untrained had had a go. Of course they must have broken in in the night because the custard new nothing about it.
no they never do,and they certainly would not touch the throttle screw on the gas valve

no they never do,and they certainly would not touch the throttle screw on the gas valve

Im sure your right. I suppose Without the instructions they wouldnt even know it had adjustment let alone what the hunk of metal on the gas pipe did. I have a tendency to over think these things.

Im sure your right. I suppose Without the instructions they wouldnt even know it had adjustment let alone what the hunk of metal on the gas pipe did. I have a tendency to over think these things.

Their. "Friend " had instructions when he fitted it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back